By Kate O'Loughlin,Colette Browning,Hal Kendig
Included within the coverage:
· Australian advancements in getting older: concerns and history.
· Cultural range, well-being, and ageing.
· Indigenous Australians and getting old: responding to variety in coverage and practice.
· improving the health and wellbeing and employment participation of older workers.
· Housing and the environments of ageing.
· overall healthiness companies and deal with older people.
The wealthy examples in Ageing in Australia contain a intensity of knowing and proof for sociologists, gerontologists and psychologists learning getting older, well-being care execs delivering care to older humans, and coverage analysts assessing components for improvement.
Read Online or Download Ageing in Australia: Challenges and Opportunities (International Perspectives on Aging) PDF
Similar personal health books
Kornhuber and Deecke first recorded and mentioned the Bereitschaftspotential in 1964. the purpose of this publication is to collect in one quantity a number of the vital study at the Bereitschaftspotential and different movement-related cortical potentials and to spotlight and tackle the various pertinent questions on the subject of the Bereitschaftspotential and to spot the foremost concerns for destiny research during this box.
A trip referred to as getting older offers an insightful exploration of the years among the access into older maturity and loss of life. this article examines the numerous alterations and significant landmarks of older people among 60 and ninety. Grounded via a developmental framework in line with empirical examine, this e-book offers a brand new means of taking a look at older maturity, describing the older grownup years in intensely human phrases via either anecdotes and research-based findings to have interaction the reader as either consultant and traveller.
Modern pop culture has created a slew of stereotypical roles for ladies and girls to (willingly or no longer) play all through their lives: The Princess, the Nymphette, the Diva, the only woman, the Bridezilla, the Tiger mom, the M. I. L. F, the Cougar, and extra. during this booklet Ames and Burcon examine the position of cultural texts in gender socialization at particular pre-scripted levels of a woman's lifestyles (from women to the "golden girls") and the way that guideline compounds over the years.
Millions of pregnant ladies go through our nation’s jails each year. What occurs to them as they create their pregnancies in an area of punishment? during this time while the general public safeguard internet is frayed, incarceration has turn into a valuable and racialized approach for handling the terrible. utilizing her ethnographic fieldwork and medical paintings as an ob-gyn in a women’s prison, Carolyn Sufrin explores how reformatory has, mockingly, develop into a spot the place ladies can locate care.
- Handbook of Obstetric Medicine, Fifth Edition
- Clinical Preventive Services for Women: Closing the Gaps
- Human Longevity: Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Bioenergetics, Molecular Biology, and Evolution
- Men, Masculinities and Health: Critical Perspectives
- Retirement in Japan and South Korea: The past, the present and the future of mandatory retirement
Extra info for Ageing in Australia: Challenges and Opportunities (International Perspectives on Aging)
Ageing in Australia: Challenges and Opportunities (International Perspectives on Aging) by Kate O'Loughlin,Colette Browning,Hal Kendig